Since I don't see it mentioned above: I have been happy with my Giro Sutton
MIPS. Fits my large/long head (61cm) just fine, doesn't look like a
spaceship, soft visor, pretty light, good coverage in the back and a
complete hard shell means no exposed foam when hanging from a bag and
bumping into walls/train seats/etc. I managed to snag one off of Sierra
Trading Post at the end of last year for cheap, less than half price. I
don't know how much the MIPS accomplishes, but like others said: it might
help, certainly won't hurt, and doesn't cost much, so why not.

I also have a Giro Atmos hanging in the shed, rarely used unless I know I'm
going on a long hot ride and want the ventilation. It's a crash replacement
for a previous Atmos I was wearing when I got knocked down by a U-turning
taxi (DC riders: yes, I was in the Penn Ave. bike lane). I didn't hit my
head very hard, but enough to dent the foam and separate the shell. Riv
content: the insurance payout funded my Sam! So I guess getting hit turned
out to be good for my cycling life, in the end...

-John