An update and repost for sale: (pictures
<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/5792533139.html> of the frameset as
well as how it's current built up)

I have this frameset or complete bike for sale. I got the frameset partly
because it's a curiosity, and partly because it was inexpensive. The
stickers/decals say it's a KHS Montana Pro. I did some research on the
internet and figured out that it's probably a late 80's KHS Montana, but
whether the decals and paint are original I am not certain.

Here are some numbers: 21" (~54cm) seat tube center-to-top; 23" (~ 58cm)
top tube center-to-center; It has 1" top tube, 28.6mm seat tube and 31.8
down tube. The fork has a set of mid-fork braze-ons for racks. and the
frameset has front and rear eyelets at the dropouts, as well as at the seat
stays for racks/fenders. it uses 26.8mm seatpost.

The frameset itself is in very good shape--straight, no ding or dent. The
paint has some chip in it, but overall the paint is in good shape too. I
think the faded pink is a nice color for bikes this vintage. A couple of
interesting details. There is a plate on top of the chainstays and behind
the bottom bracket shell. It doesn't have a tap for fenders. Perhaps it's a
mud shield. It also has a pump peg behind the seat tube. Finally, it has
braze-ons for U-brakes or rollercam brakes.

I have respaced the rear drop out to 130mm and installed the headset. It
uses an older standard steerer tube with inner diameter of 21.1mm (or
.833"). I am including a Sunlite "dirt drop" high-rise style stem as part
of the sale.

It takes 26" rim-brake wheels. I built it up with 650b wheels as a drop-bar
touring bike/commuter. I originally intended to use wider 650b tires such
as the Schwalbe Thunder Burt, but they wouldn't fit. In this configuration,
it can take 650b 42mm tires (the pictures show it with Panaracer Pari Moto
42mm tires) with fenders. It can probably take 650b 48mm tires without
fenders. With 26" wheels, it can take much wider tires. I am selling
because I got a more purpose-built 650b frameset that can take 50mm+ tires.

Price for frame/fork/headset/stem/U-brake/Titec 26.8mm seatpost/frame pump
is $95 + shipping (using bikeflight)

Additional components to be sold with the frameset, but not separately (all
prices do not include shipping):
- Cockpit: Velo Orange Course 44cm handlebar + Origin8/Tektro aero brake
levers + Suntour barcon shifters for additional $45
- Front regular OR mini V-brakes: $15
- Altus triple crankset (170mm 46/36/26T) + Shimano front derailleur +
Deore DX rear derailleur: $30
- 650b wheelset: Velocity hub 135mm laced to Weinmann Zac19 rim and Shimano
LX front hub laced to Velocity Synergy rim $75
- SKS half frame bag (see in picture) basically new; good capacity; $15

(pictures <http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/5792533139.html> of the
frameset as well as how it's current built up)

Contact me if you are interested,

Franklyn
Berkeley, CA