Interior casing failures can happen from manufacturing defects.  I've seen
it a fair bit, most commonly on continental tires.  I doubt that it's from
anything you did.  Tires should be tested well past their maximum listed
psi so I doubt that a short period of high pressure (you probably didn't
even ride it at that pressure, I would take it) would be the real cause of
such a failure.