If you were missing the Pletsher's mousetrap, I've found that the Dutch
Double Top Strap is a very versatile substitute
(http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/mdutch2.htm).  You have to make sure to
mount it correctly but, once on, it is great.  Holds a U-lock (or jackets,
lunch, books, etc) solidly.  Mine has transformed my Tubus rack and I'm
sure it would do the same for a Nitto.

John