Jeremy is right.

I will add that the chrome washer piece is not a wear item, doesn't
have anything directly to do with indexing, and is not plastic.

Hugh indicated to me offline that he's already ordered new shifters.  Mail
the old right side shifter to me and I'll tell you whether it's shot.  If
it's shot, it is not repairable.  Or, maybe I will re-ask the two very
direct and explicit questions that I asked in my first response on this

1.  What model exactly is your shifter?
2.  exactly which index positions are missed?

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at