It is! It's from the first run of Hilsens and the original owner had the
rear spaced 130 and requested a threadless setup ala the Legolas. I
actually really like the look of the lugs and threadless setup together.
With the right stem, there's a really nice contrast of traditional ornament
and modern utility. And I have a nice older 130 DuraAce/OpenPro wheelset
that's just collecting dust. Eventually, if I like the fit and ride, I will
invest in a 1" custom that looks like one of these...

But I want something a bit more affordable to dial in the length and height
first. That cinelli is pretty interesting looking!

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 8:33:02 PM UTC-4, Bill Lindsay wrote:
> Really?  Is it a Rivendell fork?  Waterford surely knows how to do it, and
> it's a standard option for a Roadeo, but I've never seen a threadless
> Hilsen.
> Anyway, if it really is a threadless Riv - fork, it's going to be 1"
> threadless, which is kind of rare.  Otherwise, you'll run a 1-1/8"
> threadless stem with a spacer.
> If you want to make a really unconventional retro statement, do an eBay
> search for "Cinelli Sesamo".  That's a super saucy looking 1" threadless
> stem.
> Bill Lindsay
> El Cerrito, CA
> On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 5:24:06 PM UTC-7, Eric Karnes wrote:
>> Hi all-
>> I know this is an odd request for the RBW forum, but...
>> I just procured a Hilsen frame with a threadless headset and need a
>> decent looking threadless road stem to go with it. I'm looking for
>> something in 100 or 110mm. I have a 90 or 120mm Technomic I could trade.
>> Thanks!
>> Eric

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at