I ordered 2 of the '94 catalogs.  One to read, pass around, mark up,
whatever, and the other to, well, preserve?  Anyway, I brought the
reader to the shop where I work part-time to show it off, being a
prideful nincompoop.  The shop was a Bridgestone dealer from '91 until
the end.  The shop manager, who's been there since 1990, pulled a box
out of the storage room and passed around copies of the 91, 92, 93 and
94 catalogs, along with some Vista and Sutter brochures, and some
early Trek literature.  I felt kinda deflated, but it was fun and
provided a break from the monotony of the fall slowdown.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 7:05 AM, islaysteve <alkire...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Grant mentioned on the Blug that there are still a few left; I'm surprised
> that there hasn't been any discussion here about it.  Anyway, it's a very
> nicely-produced and interesting book.  It's interesting to read Grant's
> philosophy at the time, it isn't much different than now.  The articles on
> how steel, aluminum and titanium are produced are fascinating, and
> horrifying as well.  In short, it's packed with cool stuff and great
> writing, including a piece by my favorite automotive writer, Peter Egan.
> Get it if you can.  Cheers,
> Steve

Scott Loveless
Camp Hill, PA  USA