The band mated with the chunk and limited it to 22.2 bars, which was fine
back then. It's fiddly to remove and remount (not toooo fiddly, but you
have to remove the lever and go at it with an 8mm socket). NewSilver2 has
some sort of curly flower thing going on 360-degrees, which lets you angle
the cable ideally for any orientation.
Not saying "perfectomundo" here---just saying we've gone about it slowly
and conscientiously and have rejected at least two "final" versions when we
found a way to either fix them or improve on something that didn't need an
actual fix.

I debated internally (didn't leave my personal skull) whether or not to
make the door to the pawl and spring user serviceable, but in a flareup of
sanity that might sound disrespectbul, I said No. If or when the mech wears
out, sell one of your cats and get a new one, Bubba...and in the meantime,
the rivet will stop most people from digging into something that's best
left alone.

It's really a good feeling to see the enthusiasm for this shifter. It is
really, still, amazing to me that

(1) all shifters aren't like this, and
(2) since they aren't, since it's such a push-button age when perfect
performance with no learning is the norm, that we can sell them at all!

What a strange group you are. In a fantastic way!