Thanks for well wishes.
The front rack is a Mark's rack ( with
the no longer available Platrack attached.  The Platrack held the discontinued
but quite useful Slickersack.  A good overview of the setup is available half
way down this reviewer's page:

For now I will not use the Slickersack, but use the larger platform created by
the Platrack to mount a front basket.  Hopefully the Platrack extension with
the longer struts extending down to the fork dropouts will provide greater
support for the entire rack.

I ran this setup on my LHT with great success. (Only I used the campee rack
instead of the Mark's rack):

Happy to answer other questions.

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at