Jon,
Thanks for well wishes.
The front rack is a Mark's rack (http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/r1.htm) with
the no longer available Platrack attached.  The Platrack held the discontinued
but quite useful Slickersack.  A good overview of the setup is available half
way down this reviewer's page:
http://velozen.blogspot.com/2012/01/review-rivendell-sackville-bags-part-1.html?m=1

For now I will not use the Slickersack, but use the larger platform created by
the Platrack to mount a front basket.  Hopefully the Platrack extension with
the longer struts extending down to the fork dropouts will provide greater
support for the entire rack.

I ran this setup on my LHT with great success. (Only I used the campee rack
instead of the Mark's rack): https://flic.kr/p/jwACLE

Happy to answer other questions.
Thanks,
Erl