I've got two SP dynamo hubs in near daily use, and they've been flawless. I
can't even feel when the light switches on, but I sure can see it! They've got
an estimated 2k+ miles between them and are paired with edelux 2 lights and
b&my top light tail lights.

My experience with the Shimano was opposite. I could feel a vibration through
the handle bars when the light switched on, and thenow the hub crapped out in
under 250 miles.