The advice given by someone earlier regarding smooth helmets is a good one
– the fewer protrusions to snag on the ground in event of a fall, the
better. Pay attention also to the back of the helmet in particular, as a
would-be head injury is mitigated, it can turn into a neck injury if the
back of the helmet snags... So, even the Giro Synthe – smooth everywhere
except the back.

Some folks I know say that Kask Protone (this
<http://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=Protone+Helmet&vendorCode=KASK&major=3&minor=13>)

is the most comfortable helmet they've tried... Maybe if it goes on sale
it'll be a bit less comfortable, but there it is. :-)

- M