I am currently wrestling with a similar problem on my Atlantis and I agree it's
a matter of working through possible culprits one at a time.
I changed several things, not specifically because of the clicking, but because
the problem remained I was able to rule out cassette, saddle & seatpost. I was
sure it was related to the chain ring bolts, but have eliminated that
possibility! Pedals? It's a long shot, but worth a try! Spoke tension seems
good, but again I'll keep an eye on it. Primary suspects now due to attrition
are the bottom bracket or the VO hub/freehub.