I've never ridden the 650b version since my Stag fits bigger tires, but I know
a few folks who run them on conversions. The only difference between the Pana
brand and the Somas is the hypertex casing (which is supposed to be more
compliant than PT, although a I can't really feel any difference). I don't know
whether they'll keep producing them now that Pana is making their own 650b
pasellas, but the 700c version may be rereleased with a new tread pattern.