OK, I  just had a brain flash of what your problem could be! Since it's a
single speed I assume you running a single speed chain!? Many SS chains use a
master link, sometimes the master link can stick out slightly on one side, then
if you also have a chain ring bash guard sometimes the master link can hit on
the bash guard and make an annoying clicking sound. If that is the problem,
simply remove the master link and put it in with the clip on the inside.