I used to be mega paranoid about leaving my Atlantis locked up anywhere,
anytime. Bike theft has gone up and up where I live too, but for some
reason, I'm much less worried now. I lock up the rear wheel with the
'sheldon brown method', and walk away. Sometimes I'll cover the Brooks
saddle up with the rain cover. But I leave my Carradice bags on the bike,
and the front wheel is mounted with a regular allen bolt. Maybe it's
because I live in a city where a Riv is looked at as an old clunker. Nobody
believes me that you can still buy it new. Just not a very multifaceted
cycling market here. The bottom end Giant CX bike with Sora and disc brakes
locked next to me is more likely to get pinched than my fendered, racked
heavy steel touring bike. I mean, who even WANTS those bikes anymore....
lol.