>From what I understand, it was and early Hilsen and was built by Waterford.
I'm definitely going to noodle with the Ergon grips. I think I might have
them oriented too vertically as you mentioned.

As for comparisons to the Roadeo...let's see. The Roadeo is a really
wonderful bike and is much more versatile than the write-up on Riv's site
gives it credit for. It performed relatively well on the dirt or gravel
trails with the Jack Browns it was shod with. But it's most definitely a
road race bike. A comfortable one, but still a road race bike. It's lighter
and jumpier...and handles exactly how that type of bike should. The Hilsen
is more stable, more relaxed. And fits my riding style much better. It also
handles a bit more confidently off-road (though I do have wider knobbies on
the Hilsen vs. the Jack Browns on the Roadeo, so that has something to do
with it).

Hope that all made a modicum of sense. I'm been traveling all day and my
brain feels like mush.