165 miles on my Rambouillet from Madisonville, KY to Chester, IL. Noodles,
B17 special, TA Zephyr 46/36/26, three bottles in cages and a Nelson
Longflap with about 12-15 pounds of stuff, riding across the country
(east-west) with three others.

It was a clear sunny day in July, over 100° before midday, very humid.
Cicadas roaring in the state forests for the last hours. My cohorts
faltering in the last 30 miles, they felt beat up by the ride, all were on
Serrotta steel bikes fit up by the same guy with DA racing triples, bars
below saddles. They pace lined behind me from Carbondale to Chester, I was
still comfortable and felt like my legs had some energy. Grant said this
was what kind of riding inspiring the bike's design.

Been on the bike every day since Yorktown, VA and this was the day that
made obvious the difference that the parameter of comfort added in
performance. I already saw that my bike climbed (and descended) the
Appalachian Mountains better, but until this day I thought I was just a bit
stronger of a rider than the others. Grant said it would be comfortable on
long rides and reassured me that the gearing was perfect.

Not bad for a bike that arrived the night prior to my wife driving me to
Yorktown. I had to take the other bike out of the car, assemble the Ram and
ride a few miles to get the saddle and bars right then reload the car.
"New" doesn't even cover how much of a frank test ride this was. Did I say
Grant was right? He was.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh