Yes, my and our thanks to all who served.

Patrick Moore, who missed Vietnam by a year or so.

I recall taking my father, just a few months before his death, out to
Double Eagle airport here in ABQ to see a refurbished B 17G (the one called
"Aluminum Overcast," though this name properly belonged to the far, far,
*far* bigger B 36), the type he flew in as a waist gunner (at 28K feet,
shooting a .50 caliber gun through a hole in the aluminum sheet metal. What
a job! He never talked much about it, but he did describe how they had to
fly slow, straight and steady on target approach while the flack burst all
around them, occasionally sending shrapnel rattling through the fuselage.
The B 17 was tiny -- and carried a crew of 10! -- and primitive; close to
the Wright brothers than to modern jets. My father volunteered for extra
missions, and he started in 1943 when the statistics still had you dead
before you completed your 25 missions. We had to dig out his medals after
his death; I think my brother has them. He never displayed them.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:53 AM, Tom Virgil <tevir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all of you who served.  And thanks to all of you who provided
> support though letters, phone calls, care packages and so much more.  Those
> touchstones from home kept us going in so many ways.
>
> Am pleasantly surprised that even Google is into it.
>

> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QfWv18zGZp8/WCV4JzDXQxI/AAAAAAAAAL0/y4LUakKUDlM_IHStQ4129nbXVBMCQ_YOACLcB/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-11-10%2Bat%2B11.48.14%2BPM.png>
>

> ~Tom (former USAF)
>
> ObRiv:  Tomorrow Sam will ride the 56 and Coast Highway with American
> flags in honor of all that others have sacrificed.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle