Thanks for the clarification y'all. Seems like, as is the case with most
bike things, a few mm doesn't make much difference.

Sheldon hasn't steered my wrong yet, but I do try to find a second source
usually. Here's another, slightly less conservative chart from
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Implications_of_Rim_Width_2803.html

It still puts the 15c Open Pro way down on the skinny end and pretty much
backs up Sheldon's chart. What's noteworthy to me is that 17c and wider
will match well with any tire that I've every had a bike for. I do wonder
why the 17c to 21c seem to match with a broader set of sizes, but as long
as my wheels stay on the rim and the bike rolls and turns normally, I'm
fine.

It's also noteworthy that the article is focused on how skinny you can get
your tires. Different strokes I guess.

Paul in ATL