I've thought about doing that and using reverse mount levers in the bar
ends, along with down tube shifters.  It seems like it would be similar to
a shorter reach albatross bar, but with slightly less rise.  That said, you
could always use Choco Moose bars and cut some of the length off of them,
so that it wouldn't be quite as upright.

Eamon