I had a similar issue back in 2009 not too long after I started running.  I
was unable to nose breath easily also.  In my case, I had both a deviated
septum and a bony tumor in my sinus.  Once those were taken care of at the
end of 2009, I could nose breath easily.  A crimped tube can never achieve
full flow.  You can either try to adapt to the reduced flow or have the
flow issue fixed.  Just make sure they don't want to break it to fix it.
That's old school and no longer necessary, at least in my case.  Try the
exercises Patrick mentioned to see if you can adapt to the reduced flow.  I
wasn't able to or just didn't have the patience for it.

Tim