those mounts are for using a rear rack as a front rack, but Mark's rack
also works with them because it uses a second pair of struts. so the
forward-most struts connect to the mid mounts, and you can use the
rear-most struts to connect to the brazeons on top of the fork (in addition
to the diving board plate thing at the fork crown hole). this may require
some bending.