fair warning, There is a class of runners out there who will intentionally
widen themselves when a bike is trying to pass.  I don't know if it's
something kicked around in running bulletin boards, but it is an
intentional act, pressing right of way, and seemingly wanting to force the
bicycle to stop or leave the path.