The majority of weight on a *low rider* is carried by the attachment to the
front dropout eyelet.  The mid fork attachment stabilizers the rack, levels
it, but does not carry much load.

Therefore, the fork tubing is not carrying much weight.  A Marks Rack would
be entirely different, as already pointed out.

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ