"I was very happy with the way the way the bike rode..." &  "I had a total
of 40-45lbs of stuff on this years tour..."

That's about as good an endorsement as one could get for the touring
capability of the Ram.  I rarely carry that much weight on my Atlantis.
It's impressive what can be done if one just takes the time to experiment
with load placement.

dougP