For hot tea, no sugar is needed once you get used to it.  I occasionally
put in a little honey if I'm desperate for sweetener or fighting off a
cold, but I usually have hot tea straight.  This is for hot black teas and
white teas, not just the flavored kinds.  I normally drink Dragon Black
Pearl tea, getting 3-5 individual cups steeped from two pearls.  You could
also try steeping with a cinnamon stick for some flavor or add the juice
from 1/4 of a lemon.  For cold teas, which I do not often have living now
in the PNW, I still prefer those sweetened, but that could just be habit
from living in the south for a long time.  Some stevia might work also
though I have not really investigated it.

Tim