On Friday, January 6, 2017 at 4:47:06 PM UTC-5, lum gim fong wrote:

> If Taubes is right, then what do I replace sugar in all my foods/drinks
> with?

Woody Allen, back when he was still funny explained it well, in Sleeper.
Woodys doctors talking in the far future.

Dr. Melik <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339889/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>: This
morning for breakfast he requested something called "wheat germ, organic
honey and tiger's milk."

Dr. Aragon <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0572897/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>: [chuckling]
Oh, yes. Those are the charmed substances that some years ago were thought
to contain life-preserving properties.

Dr. Melik <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339889/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>: You mean
there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies or... hot fudge?

Dr. Aragon <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0572897/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>: Those were
thought to be unhealthy... precisely the opposite of what we now know to be
true.

Dr. Melik <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339889/?ref_=tt_trv_qu>: Incredible.