Hey,

hoping for some helpful advice, thought I'd throw it out to the group.

A while back I bought the demo 59cm clementine from rivendell:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140959259@N03/31954788560/in/dateposted-public/

Issue:  when I stand and peddle the bike shifts gears on the rear cassette.

Suspicion: I think this is happening because I weigh 240lb and the long
chainstays necessitate a very long chain.  When I stand and peddle I flex
the bottom bracket shifting weight side to side. This flex is propagated
down the chain to the rear cassette growing more exaggerated the further
down it travels until it skips the chain from one gear to another.

Question 1: Does this sound right? It doesn't happen when I'm seated and
pedalling so I don't think it's a bent derailer.

Question 2: Any advice on how to stop it?  I was following a discussion a
month back or so on clutch rear derailers that manage chain slap for
mountain bikes.  The impression I got was that if a clutch rear derailer
dampens chain movement adequately to stop chain slap, then maybe it would
help resolve the ghostshifting issue I'm having.

I quite like the clementine and am really hoping to resolve this issue.
Even if I can't fix it, the bike will still be adequate for my immediate
needs (rides with baby). But I'd like to be able to get full use from the
bike.

Thanks for any advice or helpful thoughts,

Sky in new west