Patrick,

I used the dimpling/indentation method described a BQ volume from 2011 or so.

Basically, I drilled a 1" hole in a 2x4 and cut the 2x4 so the 1" hole was
halved.  Place the fender on the wood form where you want the dimple and gently
form the dimple with a wooden dowel and mallet.

In the case of Saluki, the dimple was fai rly deep and threw the radius of the
fender off.  This can be compensated for by gently and evenly spreading the
fender (make it wider) thereby decreasing the radius of the fender for proper
tire wrap.

Confused yet?