I finished my first Century ride after around 2 months of preparation. I'm
including a few pics of the ride below. I took the day off of work as I
wanted to get the ride in before our trip to New Orleans the following day.

The weather was nice that morning as there was no rain, it wasn't cold, and
the winds laid down for the most part. I got out of the house just before 6
am and decided to hit the bike trail outside of our neighborhood that I've
been preparing on. I'm fortunate that the trail goes 40 miles in one
direction, so I would finish 80% of the ride just by completing one loop.
The ride was uneventful until I got 70 miles in. I ended up with a nasty
upper leg cramp that forced me to take a break for about 30 minutes and I
had to stop periodically the last 30 miles which killed my expected average
speed. I'm not complaining as I was just happy to finish the ride in one
piece.  :)

I did get a kick out of seeing the artwork on a section of the trail on the
back of a large section of fences facing the trail. There are some talented
people out there that put some serious time in. The last pic below is a
trail that leads to a stream under a bridge that I've seen kids playing in
the past. They have some rope tied to a tree where they swing into the
water, but as the water levels are low right now I can't imagine it's
getting much use.

This is my longest ride and prior to purchasing this bike, my longest ride
was just over 60 miles. Overall I was happy with how the bike performed.
I'm still getting used to this leather seat and that along with the leg
cramp caused me the most discomfort at the later part of the ride, but to
be fair I remember feeling the same way on my 60-mile ride I took about 7
years ago on my road bike with a gel seat. One nice thing I lacked on this
ride was number wrists/hands. That has for the most part gone away and was
always an issue when riding my road bike.

Dan

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j5f6cUJWXpo/WMA6APyI0gI/AAAAAAAABF0/noOfWaavVXYwJHBqVxjsChWkq1EdhCc1gCLcB/s1600/IMG_20170224_062708.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4bAGxhLat6s/WMA6EVFv6WI/AAAAAAAABF4/loMeZcXuxLcm8hCCcXefB4-DKJoPEwHGACLcB/s1600/IMG_20170224_072953.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IWq7ge1zzWA/WMA6H-pceXI/AAAAAAAABF8/W48Cus2HySMGbjuxS8PcKNOzdAxNAFzZwCLcB/s1600/IMG_20170224_082342.jpg>