This is my first post, but I have been a long time reader.  I've gotten
lots of ideas and inspiration from this group, so I wanted to share my
first Riv build with you all.

I was intrigued by the Rosco Road frame from the first time I saw it--the
blue paint job drew me in and the lifter tube was so weird, but useful
looking, and I wanted to try it.  The kicker for me was the geometry-- for
the 58cm, all the numbers were spot on for me.  I ruminated over it through
December, then pulled the trigger in early January.  The frame arrived
January 17th, and I had it built up by the 18th.  The initial build was
more or less the same as you'll see in the photos, except I was running
Jack Brown greens, old Dia-compe cantis, and a B17.

On my first ride I was immediately struck by the bike's ride and handling.
 It smooths out road noise better than my previous smoothest bike-- a 1964
Atala Grand Prix, also wearing Jack Browns.  And with the long chain-stays
it is exceptionally stable going forward (and descending), but it also
turns quickly and with no twitchiness or drama.  I figured that these
characteristics are what Riv owners praise when they talk about the Riv
feel.  I love it.  Very confidence inspiring.

I use this bike primarily for commuting and riding the local trails on the
weekend.  It kills on crushed gravel.  I can't wait to take it on some
country road rides once I get a free day.

Here are some build details:

Drivetrain: 1x9, Sugino-- RD2 cranks with 44t chainring, Exustar pedals.
 Shimano 11-32t rear cassette. Microshift R10 RD shifted by a Dia Compe ENE
bar end shifter (friction, of course!!!)

Wheels and tires: H Plus Son Tb14s, Soma Cazaderos (tons of clearance on
this frame! I ran some BG Rock n Roads for a weekend, but like the
Cazaderos better, because they roll nicer on pavement)

Saddle & seat post: C17 Cambium, whatever Riv sent

Bars and stem: Nitto B135 42s, some old SR Royal 90mm I had sitting around

Brakes and levers: Paul Touring Cantis (the best brakes I've ever tried)
and Shimano levers.

And now, photos.  Thanks for reading!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xa5ALapt91s/WMLtZb8Y7QI/AAAAAAAAB78/M3w2eqmS_6MHpywb3N9O38F_UxGvjQq0gCLcB/s1600/IMG_6974.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n0QbOG-XuKs/WMLtis8pZ8I/AAAAAAAAB8A/khBP5km8X6s0tl-nYx6rCEW-HkNoM8DZgCLcB/s1600/IMG_6977.JPG>