thanks for the advice folks. It does seem to be the front fender (p45
longboard) contacting the tire. There are tell tale signs of rubbing, and
when I adjusted it further from the tire it reduced but did not eliminate
the noise. I have another bike with the same sort of fender and compass
38mm tires that doesn't squeak but does have tell tale signs of rubbing
that I think date from before I changed that bike to the current tires. I
had changed the fender mounting hardware on that bike before going to the
compass tires. I'll probably redo the front fender on my SO in a similar
manner this weekend. Hopefully that will completely eliminate that very
annoying squeaking.

Once again thanks to you all for the help, oh and Bill I think you
understated that probability by at lest a few hundredths of a percent.