Friends,

After I drove Linda to San Ramon for allergy shots this morning, she agreed
that we could visit Rivendell Bicycle Works (RBW) in Walnut Creek, since we
were "in the neighborhood."

Here are some photos from our visit, which included my test ride of the
very nice Waterford-built RBW Rodeo road bike (51 x 53.5 ctc ST and TT).
(The Rodeo handles very nicely and climbs well, but its  53.5 cm TT, normal
seat post setback, and short stem were woefully short horizontally for me,
sad to say.) It was a great day to be on a great bike.

RBW's production lugged-steel frames are built by three (3) suppliers: Mark
Nobilette (who also builds RBW's made-to-measure frames costing $3500);
Waterford, and a Taiwanese builder.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskT1ScyP

Linda took a shine to RBW's line of handmade canvas bags, too. ;-)

At Vince's suggestion, we ate at the noodle place on North Main before
motoring home this afternoon: very tasty!

I shared these photos in  a similar post to the Classic Rendezvous Google
Group earlier today.

Jon Spangler
Alameda, CA USA