Buy yourself a work stand, doing this stuff on the ground or upside down
sucks and can add confusion to a lot of different aspects to the build
(Hard to judge proportion, leverage, threading orientation etc).  It will
always be useful for maintenance cleaning etc.

If you can track down a friend or friend of a friend that has done all of
these items before....I would suggest that.  If you're a first timer,
bringing the whole bike together might bring unwanted frustration that can
taint the experience.  A six-pack and knowledgeable friend can go a long
way...

Forums/books/remote advice can add a lot of unnecessary confusion and
complication.

My two cents....next one you can do solo!