Carla asked about my height and test riding.  I'm 5'10'' with a PBH of 86,
with average proportions.

I didn't go to Rivendell to test ride any other bikes (I live in Lincoln,
Nebraska!).  My approach was to compare the geometry chart on the Riv page
against bikes that I currently have that fit well.  The Rosco actually
offered better features than my previous best-fitting bike, a 1990 RB2.
 What I mean by that is that the seat tube is longer by 2cm, and while the
top tube length is the same at 57.5cm, the Rocso has a slight incline, and
an extended head tube.  So I took a shot and ordered the frame, and it paid
off.  The extended head tube puts me in a very comfortable riding position
compared to the other bike.  I hope this is helpful.