Jeff, the cracking nose on the Cambiums seems to be associated with the
first production run according to the local shop dealer. All the ones
they've sold the past year have been fine so far.

I tried a C17 and liked it pretty well. It wasn't as comfortable as my late
80s B17 Narrow (the thick leather version). The Cambiums do seem to run a
bit narrower than the number would indicate compared to the B17. Maybe a
C19 Carved would do the trick. The most compelling reason for me to get a
Cambium is due to prodeal pricing.

By all accounts over the years, you can't go wrong with a Rivet. Nor can I
get a prodeal on one! However, in this case absolute comfort wins out.
There is a reason you rarely ever see used Rivets for sale! That speaks
volumes about their integrity and comfort.

Cheers,
Bill in Roswell, GA