Roberta,

I actually test rode both the Clem L and the Appaloosa for a day. I was
surprised at how much I loved the Clem L. It's not a "fast" bike, but I
honestly did not care nor notice while riding it. Something about getting
up to speed kind of goes to the back of your mind when you get on, it's
hard to describe. Definitely put a smile on my face, it reminded me of the
feeling I had when I first learned how to ride a bike. The Appaloosa was
comfortable, but wants to go a bit faster. Before the test ride, I was
leaning towards the Appaloosa, after the test ride, I was leaning heavily
toward the Clem L.

I ended up choosing the Appaloosa due to:

1.) sizing was right top tube and seat tube length
2.) even though I loved the Clem, it was going to be for my 20 mile commute
that has a lot of uphill in the morning. Obviously the rider matters more
than the machine, but I plan to get the Clem L down the road anyways so I
splurged a bit.
3.) the dark green color and lugs.
4.) the fork