Ahaha!  If we are speaking of the single bolt Campy NR and SR record seatposts
of the 80's ..... yes.... sometimes all you can do is laugh about it all.

I replaced the bolts on my 2 with 6mm allen bolt heads made by now de-funked
Diablo Cycles. These are like industrial kind of quality, you just don't see
such a bolt on stock posts. I can get the bolt super tight now.... but even
that doesn't help the self-adjustment feature of them  ...... ahahahaaha.

My favorite post is the no longer made Salsa Shaft.  One bolt to lock the
rails, the other adjust a cam for the tilt. Both completely independent of each
other. Brilliant ! ..... so brilliant, apparently, Salsa 86'd it so they could
sell more of the ones people don't want to buy.