BSNYC *was* much-needed and still is. Humor is subjective, but heck--he's
pretty funny. He cusses, but in the big picture and certainly now, that's a
small deal--and this from somebody who didn't swear once until he was 19,
and then only because I trout I'd been working on all evening took the fly
and I missed the strike. The last time I was in NY (2 months ago, when my
publisher formally rejected my new book!) I walked around the park in
snowflakes with Eben and -- I already knew him -- but a "walking talk" is a
good way to know somebody, better than email or bike-riding talks, even.
There is a private Eben and a public one. They're both funny, but the
private one talks about family, his children, history and the history of
NYC, and the topic of goofy bikes doesn't come up, and he's generally mild.
I like both Ebens.