I have two bikes:

1. 2011 A. Homer Hilsen-Road/Commuting/Rando riding etc.

2. 1989 Trek 950 Mountain bike-Lugged frame & 1" threaded steerer version.
Trail/Single track riding.

I owned as many as 9 bikes at a one time ( Chrome Schwinn Paramount, Tom
Ritchey, lugged Sport touring bike, Tome Ritchey fillet brazed tandem,
Motobecane Champion Team in BIC Orange, Trek 710/720/620 and  on & on) but
realized I was just re-building the same, if not similar bike with minor
variations, over and over. I enjoy building bikes, the creative problem
solving and aesthetic choices that come along with projects. That said the
A. Homer just did everything as well or better than all of the other bikes
of that style, so it was the only realistic choice.

The mountain bike get used infrequently because I am in S.E PA and there
are not a lot of mountains close by. When faced with the choice of loading
up a car, driving for a couple of hour to go riding vs. just going riding,
the latter wins more often.