The carradice and swift designs are similar, but I think the sackville design
is a highly improved one. The flat bottom and rear vs top opening system is
much easier to use, and keeps items in place better, in my opinion.

Another difference is size. Sackville medium will be a little larger than the
largest carradice and quite a bit bigger than the swift, making it work much
better on a rack or support. I have a couple carradices and a medium
saddlesack. The quality difference is not negligible. The sackville bags are
way nicer in quality....as with most rivendell stuff, almost too nice.