This by way of an aside, but I was always pleasantly surprised by how much
I could stuff into a Nelson Longflap and, even more, into a Camper Longflap
(as long as you could hold everything in place while you pulled the cinch
cord or tied the tapes, depending on your model). In the N LF I used to
carry:

Shoes
Rolled up tweed jacket
Rolled up trousers
Rolled up shirt
Belt
Lunch
Keys
Tool kit including an extra tube

Hell, I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a grocery load I could get
into a Revelate Pika -- including a bottle of wine. The bag looked like a
huge sausage, not to mention something more indelicate, shooting aft of the
saddle.

But I agree that (at least IME) full sized camping panniers like the Roller
Packers or Packer Pluses have more usable volume than even a Saddlesack
large.

Patrick Moore, who just bought a used Saddlesack Large, in ABQ, NM

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Daniel D. <dddon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to vote large. As they say there's no replacement for
> displacement.
>
> I like my large.  But I was actually underwhelmed by it's capacity. Part
> of it is being used to messenger style backpacks and panniers.  The other,
> I think the board talks up the capacity a little too much.
>
> Main compartment gets filled by moderate everyday loads.  Work shoes,
> jacket, couple of bags of pastries.  I could fit a little more if I have it
> bulging with items sticking out.  But I hate that..

*30% Supply and Demand discount, listmembers only, on all resume, LinkedIn,
and writing services, until Demand equals Supply! And there's more! 10%
kickback for any referral resulting in fully paid, list-price contract.
Email for details.*

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten