There are a lot of bike geek forums and lists out there. In addition to its
focus on Rivendell Bicycle Works, what has made this group uniquely
appealing to me is the kindness and courtesy members extend to one another.
 It isn't an exaggeration to say that it has increased my faith in the
basic decency of people.  I mostly just sort of eavesdrop on conversations
between other members, but since my main bike geek friend who introduced me
to this list passed away, I've been slowly becoming a more active
participant.  Strangers in this group, connected by technology and common
interest, have helped fill some of the void that my friend's passing left.
 So I guess I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for the kind,
courteous and respectful interactions; it has really helped me feel
connected to a community.

Sky in new west