Hi John. Are you in the City itself? If so, the "Muffin Ride" is a good
starting point. That will take you to Nyack and you can get to Bear
Mountain and Harriman State Park and back again in under 100 miles. Also,
as others have mentioned, Metro North is your friend. Here's a nice ride
out of Cold Spring, a stop a little over an hour from Grand Central. It's
pretty much all paved, but if you zoom in on the western portion of the
map, many of the interior roads are dirt, including Indian Brook, Old
Albany Post, and a few others that could be stitched together to do a
50-50. In fact, I may have that ride somewhere and will post when I get
back from lunch.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20391972