Quick is more important than cheap or easy, but those will probably follow
in train. With wind gusts forecast to be as high as 40 mph tomorrow, I want
to use the S3X hub on the gofast Riv, and I'd like to mount the shifter on
the dt and run the cable under the bb shell back to the pull chain. I've
got the clamp on shifter mount ready.

The gofast has no plastic or brazed-in cable guide down there, and I have
none to glue or otherwise secure there, either.

Any solution will have to be available from the usual household detritus or
the usual accumulted bike (non-derailleur) bits, and allow me to use the
bike with no more than an hour's work.

Permanent or semi-permanent is fine, as long as it is very inconspicuous.

I have thought of using a short bit of cable housing taped to the underside
of the bb shell; does anyone have a more elegant solution?

Thanks.

--
*30% Supply and Demand discount, listmembers only, on all resume, LinkedIn,
and writing services, until Demand equals Supply! And there's more! 10%

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten