Lee: For some of us the buying and selling is part of the hobby. Speaking for
myself, I've always been into bikes as much for the mechanical aspect as for
the riding itself. Some folks really just want something that works for the
riding they're into, and tend to stick with what works. Others are into all the
different possible bike experiences out there, and buy and sell as they put
each new interesting experience on the road, then move on to the next one.

I'm in the second group. I probably fiddle with bikes as much as ride them, and
have a slightly insatiable appetite for changing things up just to see what
it's like. I started with the lugged steel Bridgestone-to-Rivendell progression
and always end up back here, but I've owned all manner of bikes including: a
titanium road bike, aluminum disk brake road bike, Dutch bike, recumbents,
recumbent trikes, mini velos, folders, and most recently a dabble with ebikes.

I tend not to get attached to any of them and don't desire to have an huge,
unmanageable collection (which I can't afford to do anyway), so I sell bikes
I'm not riding much to the next rider. It's fun!

Joe "buy high, sell low" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.