I found a long time ago with Sackville trunk bag zippers, they don't rattle
if you join them at the side of the bag rather than at the back/front.
Anywhere you're having a rattle can usually be solved with a piece of
rubber or leather applied tactically.
Riding my Lenton this weekend identified one fairly benign squeak that was
still too much for me.
(here's my '57 modified and Lou's '60 original - though he swapped for
wider bars)

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Lenton%20GP/salado/a1KIMG0062.jpg>

My front fender was squeaking against the bottom of the front brake.  So I
mixed a tiny bit of flexible epoxy (rod bond) only on the fender side, and
stuck a rubber washer in a nice blind spot between the brake and fender.
 Brake works, fender is dampened from movement.