I can't find the dimensions or volume of the M and Large on the latest Riv
Saddlesack pages. My new-to-me-and-I-hope-Large measures (along the
stiffened bottom) 18 X 12, and the height at highest, near dowel, is about
8".

The reason I ask is that I'm disappointed in the volume; I seem to recall
getting as much groceries into the Medium I owned a few years ago, as I can
into this Large.

Can someone tell me the area of their Large's bottom, and the height from
bottom to top at dowel position?

>From an earlier description on the site, the L was claimed to have a volume
that compares very favorable to a pair of Ortlieb Roller Packers -- forget
numbers; but damned if I can fit into my I-hope-Large nearly what I can get
into a pair of RPs. Heck, with the neck of one RP extended, I can carry
more than in this Saddlesack.

Thanks.

In other news, a $19.80 shipped bolt-to-the-seatpost Diamond Back rack,
clamped to the Hon Solo's seatpost, supports the Saddlesack very well.
Note: I *DO* have the rack low enough that it doesn't compromise the usable
height of the bag. I deliberately positioned the rack low enough that much
of the load's weight is carried by the straps and saddle loops.

Photos to come, once I swap out the Moustache bar for a very kindly donated
B 135, which God willing will arrive on Monday.

But tell me about the bottom area and the height of the Large Saddlesack.

--
*30% Supply and Demand discount, listmembers only, on all resume, LinkedIn,
and writing services, until Demand equals Supply! And there's more! 10%

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten