I have not ridden the Hunq, but it was my Jones Plus that set me on the path to
Rivendell. In 2015, I rode most of the Great Divide route on a Salsa Fargo. It
was okay, but even the XL frame was not a great fit for me, given the long days
in the saddle. Last year I built up a Jones Plus and absolutely love it. The
more upright riding position and the 3" tires are perfect for touring on rough
roads. We had planned to go back to the Divide again this summer, but family
influences have changes our plans, and we now intend to do a road ride through
the Yukon and parts of Alaska this summer, so I went looking for a proper
touring bike and wound up with a 62cm Joe Appaloosa, which puts me in a
position similar to the Jones Plus. The Jones bar and the high-stack front end
are really the keys to the design. With the right bar and a bit of fidgeting,
you can replicate the position on a lot of bikes.