Not BITD - today and for the foreseeable future! Here in Toronto - like
many other big cities I would guess - both e-bikes and e-mopeds are
plentiful. They are allowed in the bike lanes and don't require a license
to operate.

I agree they have certain benefits to providing greater utility and
mobility to people and they are not fossil-fuel based. On the other hand,
they are very fast and entirely silent, which pose a danger to traditional
cyclists, since e-bikes have been allowed to use infrastructure designated
for cyclist and pedestrians (which seems crazy to me). More than once I
have almost been run over in the bike lane by a "powered bike", which is
infuriating.

Like some of you have touched on, this is an ongoing topic of discussion on
MTB boards too. I think a lot of trails users are worried that routes
closed to motorized vehicles are going to be increasingly overrun by what
are in actual fact powerful motorized vehicles that exploit a legal grey
area. I liken them to recreational drones: potentially useful but
vulnerable to abuse in the hands of a moron.

KJ